Record nominations for UAC directorships
17 November 2022
The Underwriting Agencies Council (UAC) says it has received a record 12 nominations for four directorships to each serve a two-year term on the board.
“This is a record number of nominees for UAC and indicates the respect the agencies have for their peak industry body and the strong position that agencies have achieved in the insurance market,” GM William Legge said.
“Agency principals are keen to have their say in how UAC operates and ensure the sector’s outstanding growth continues to accelerate.”
UAC says a senior executive of all financial UAC member agencies can vote on the agency’s behalf for four of the nominees on the ballot paper.
Four of the 12 nominees are retiring directors seeking re-election and they are Steadfast Underwriting Agencies and Miramar Underwriting Agency CEO Simon Lightbody, Austplacements CEO Heath Amber, Axis Underwriting Head of Strata and Development Emily Walker and Allstate Underwriting founding director Trent Brown.
The four board members who are not required to stand for election are UAC Chair and Lion Underwriting MD Kurt Nilsen, Canopius Australia Head of Coverholder and Delegated Authority Jeanene HiIl, AFA Insurance National Business Development Manager Anthony Porter and National Transport Insurance EGM Mike Edmonds.
Here is the list of 12 nominees as they appear on the ballot paper:
- Troy Filipcevic, Founder and CEO of Emergence
- Colin Fagen, Founder and Managing Director of Blue Zebra Insurance
- Hamish McDonald-Nye, Executive Director of ProRisk
- Matthew Porteous, Head of Partnerships & Engagement, Market Lane Insurance Group
- Alan Brett, Commercial Underwriting Leader, Australasia Underwriting
- Simon Lightbody, CEO of Steadfast Underwriting Agencies and Miramar Underwriting Agency
- Jesse Borthwick, Director and Chief Underwriting Officer, Insurance Investment Solutions
- Heath Amber, CEO of Austplacements
- Emily Walker, Head of Strata and Development, Axis Underwriting
- Stephen Carey, Co-founder and Director, Delta Insurance Australia
- Trent Brown, Founding Director, Allstate Underwriting
- Richard Hardy, Underwriting Director, Argenta Underwriting Australia.